BLUE BAYOU!

It's raining hard outside and I am grateful. The dark skies and pouring rain are shielding us from the heat of the summer sun. It's funny. People here in Lousiana couldn't wait for the warmer weather and now they're clamoring for cooler temps. The yin and the yang of the weather world.

It's an amazing set up-the way God constructed everything.
Mind blowing in fact-but I like it.

Despite the rain, we braved the great outdoors, heading for clear skies fifty miles outside New Orleans to the Blue Bayou. Sounds like a Linda Ronstadt song...Actually it's not even the "oil" infested marshlands...It's the waterslide park.

Every summer we make the trek to the delightfully wet and wild mountain slides that turn and swirl and scare the living daylights out of you. Or maybe just me. My boys are thrilled with the rides...I'm just thrilled when they're over.

Grammy sat sensibly on the sidelines while cousin George, my friend Terri and her girls and the boys and I braved the Voodoo, the Mad mocassin, the Azuka, the Lafitte plunge and the racers. It's funny how when people travel in packs they dare to do what they would never do on their own. I got to the top of one mountain of a slide and had no earthly idea how I was going to get down. "Head first!" the boys screamed...So off I flew up and over the hills, pledging to never do this again! of course I did.

It was a great day-the weather scared off the long lines and the rain held out just long enough to let us enjoy our water get away...together. What could be better than that?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER