SET UP BOUNDARIES!

I'm like a magnet for the nuts of the world. Those emotional misfits who never seem to fit in. Even in college I'd have lots of guy and gal friends who were a little too smart, a little too weird and a little too needy. Somehow I felt their woundedness and wanted to rescue them, even at my own peril. Somehow, they felt my vulnerability and zeroed in on me.

Not anymore. My radar is right on target and my boundaries are clearly defined. Rescuing those who refuse to help themselves is a waste of time and a dangerous proposition...Sapping energy, enthusiasm and sometimes our lives.

It is important to be generous, compassionate and open to helping others. But it is more important to know our limitations. A sensitive heart needs an equally strong brain. Fusing the two helps us make smart, God centered decisions.

Women are often ripe for being taken advantage of. Predators and people who cash in on our vulnerabilities, our needs and our good will-come at us like cruise missiles...Seeking power and control over our lives...Throwing temper tantrums and angry accusations when we refuse to succumb...Creating combustible chaos that is destined to blow up in our faces.

I still try to help people, still engage with those who seek my help..But when someone continually crosses my boundaries, I close the door...Because it's true what they say-"The definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting different results."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER