NATURE AS GOD

It's a gorgeous late afternoon here in New Orleans. One of those brisk and sunny days when the sunshine seems to smile down upon-us while the breeze caresses our soul.

I call it California weather, because my memories of California include lots of sunshine, little to no humidity and the breathtaking scenery...Valleys and mountains, rugged cliffs and miles of ocean stretching as far as the eye can see.

If you just take a few moments to be still, silently soaking in the gift that is nature, you will feel the presence of God...That eternal creator who has crafted the most miraculous landscapes-just for us.

My home sits at the end of a street, surrounded by trees and bushes and lots of open land. Sitting in my den or my kitchen is like sitting in a park...A rare feeling in the middle of the city. Sometimes, as I sit on my couch, the sun slips through the window, brightly and boldly beckoning me...as if calling me to look-and there in the exact same spot every single time, I can sometimes, see in the sunshine, the miracle of the sun with all its brilliant waves of pulsating color...Sometimes it's just the warm rays of the sun, soothing and calming and ever so peaceful.

I try to never take nature for granted...because for me-that's the same as taking God for granted...And on a wonderful day like today, I am filled with gratitude for both gifts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER