ALL STARS!


What a difference a day makes. Overcast, dreary and cool. The kind of day that makes you want to stay inside, wrapped in a blanket, eating comfort food on the couch.

Not tonight. The All star's are heating up the basketball courts for round two of the playoffs. My dribbling champ Zachary scored 12 points off the backboard last night, stealing the ball straight to victory.

I Love basketball. Fast paced and full of quick surprises, it's the kind of sport where quick thinking and real skill still counts.

I've been doing my share of in house coaching..."Get in their faces, block them and don't hesitate!" Of course, I don't know if it's me or Zack's natural talent, but he's getting better and faster and more focused as the games go on. I'm also getting more excited. Last night a man yelled, "Sit down I can't see!" I guess I jumped up cheering one too many times.

Anyway, it's a great sport...and lagniappe-for this mom-is that by the time Zack gets home, the aggression is gone and he's beat...So within a couple of hours, he's fast asleep.

Doesn't get much better than that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER