SELF IMPOSED PRISON OF FEAR

"If only you could see yourself as I do, you'd be amazed by the view."
Seeds of Encouragement.

My 15 year old son today, gave me the kindest complement. We were doing some heavy duty soul searching and I brought up what I called some of my "loser decisions." Ben turned to me with surprise and said, "I have never thought you were a loser!"
"Thank-you," I replied-deeply touched.

The surprise in his voice that I would ever consider that he would ever consider me to be a loser-stopped me dead in my tracks...He never judged nor juried nor held me in contempt...for my mistakes or missteps. My worst fears were unfounded.

Isn't that always the case? Our fears are greater than our reality...But the fears imprison us...by holding us hostage to the insanity of our insecurities. Humbling honesty works every single time-because putting our worries and fears out there-allows those we Love to let us know-exactly what they think about us...And it's usually-amazingly better than we ever imagined.

I've learned to respect my fears-by facing them head on...and removing them from full view. Clearing the emotional landscape-of the debris of the past-puts a whole new perspective on my life, my relationships and my views. And so in the end-the fears have actually fueled the change that has fostered a fabulous freedom-that I wouldn't change for the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER