SCHOOLS IN!

My 12 year old Jacob aced his first English quiz. I breathed a sigh of relief, "Way to go Jakie!" A few minutes later he sat at the kitchen table shaking his head and smiling. "What's up?" I asked him.

"When you get a good grade it's good job...But when you get a bad grade, it's the end of the world," he said matter of factly. "That's right-that's because you're so bright and beautiful and I know you have the brains to make A's," I replied. "Failing-is your choice."

Next thing I know his younger brother Zachary yelps from the den where he's doing homework, "Did Jacob fail a test?" "No-just the opposite-a cool one hundred!" I yelled back.

School is in full force and the homework and tests are coming fast and furious--freaking everyone out...especially after a long day of classes, football and track.

My fifteen year old Ben is every mom's dream student. Conscientious, studious and straight A's. Zachary is another self motivator...Worn out after football, he falls asleep every night studying index cards.

Someone asked me the other day if I'm glad summer is over. "No and no and no." I like the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer when the kids are home. Having them around is a whole lot easier than driving them around--for hours each day.

But-they're worth it...every gallon of gas, every late night study session...every ounce of energy. They're the brightest light on my horizon and the best learning curve I've ever faced. I'm so grateful I caught on-long before they're gone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER