WHERE IS LOVE?

Jacob is gifted...spiritually gifted. At 11, he sees clearly--the silent wonders that God has designed.


Jacob drew me a picture. A large cone shaped object-wide at the bottom narrow at the top...rows of objects filled the inside...gradually getting smaller as they rose to the top...two hearts with crosses in the center were placed on either side of the cone...and one sentence-

WHERE IS LOVE?

Jacob explained "You know how in movies when the martians invade and suck up everything from the earth?" "This is God sucking up all the evil...all the bad things-and leaving behind the
Love.

That's deep. Really deep. Jacob sees what some of us never even imagine...He understands what most of us refuse to consider...He thinks about possibilities that most of us prefer to avoid.

Jacob is my fourth son...I had difficulty conceiving him after a devastating second miscarriage. On the day he entered this world, my friend called and said "How about that scripture reading?!" I couldn't believe she was asking me that...I'd just spent hours in labor...not Mass. She laughed and replied..."The scripture described Jacob wrestling with the angel and being released. "

I knew then it was not just a coincidence-that I had decided to name him Jacob months before..He was an anointed gift from above...who entered this world on his anointed day.

Jacob is one of my five wonders...the one who always greets me with a smile and a kiss in the morning...the one who would rather sit and talk with me, than do his homework...or discuss God and miracles--and miracle of miracles-the one who likes to read my blog...who wonders how I can be so "deep" all the time..the one who thinks I'm a "different kind of special mom".

Jakie makes me a better mom...by believing in me when I stumble and fall, and trusting that I will believe in him-when he stumbles and falls. For one so young-he's a living example of unconditional Love...sharing gifts of wisdom, gifts of himself and gifts of God-just by being himself--honestly childlike...happily intuitive...and absolutely gifted..."a different kind of special child"-my son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON