GOOD WINS-HANDS DOWN!

I cannot wrap my mind around evil. I understand the theories and the pscyo mumbo jumbo-but I do not understand it...not really.

The girlfriend of the man stabbed in the neck near my house stopped to talk to me today.
The attacker plunged the knife in her boyfriend's neck, then asked for his wallet...When the victim said there was no wallet, the criminal pushed the knife deeper into the poor man's neck before dropping him. That cold. That icy cold.

Who can do that?! Who can cause such pain-and never look back? Not me. I mean it. I look back every time I so much as raise my voice to another human being. If I gossip or get greedy or get mad....I look back over and over and over again. Something always tells me I should have tried harder, turned the other cheek faster, let go and let God- get in the way sooner. I can't recall a time I have ever been able to just drop a bombshell without thinking twice, trying to retrieve my actions or re-written my script.

Call it a conscience or a split personality-but something always tells me--not a good idea...not the right decision...not the words you want to share and certainly not the eternal million dollar answer to -WWJD.

I can however, wrap my mind around one simple, timeless truth...Good beats out evil every single time. Hands down! One way or the other, the bad guy loses...It's that simple...I witnessed it in the cowboy flicks as a child...in Batman and Robin and even in the dreaded Exorcist movie. There's just no power greater than good- because good is God in action...and well...wrap your mind around that!

My neighbor, left to die just 20 feet from my door, is home-recuperating...but his attacker is still out there...somewhere...hopefully somewhere- far, far away.

We must all pray for our protection--against the source of all evil while asking for the strength, the courage, the faith and the confidence to surrender to the fundamental goodness and purpose of the Universe --which is beautifully wrapped in ribbons and bows--in the eternal mystery of divine goodness created and crafted and cultivated by the God of our understanding.

I prefer to go to bed at night pondering that--while waking up each morning-remembering it. I think it's a GOOD plan-hands down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON