A Cry For Help!

My doorbell rang at midnight. A deputy stood there. My heart dropped. Were my two older sons okay?!

A man had just been rushed to the hospital...stabbed in the neck, two hours earlier...He lay in an empty lot next to my home-for two hours...unable to move...bleeding profusely...crying out for help. I couldn't believe it. I'd heard nothing...within the walls of my home-I didn't hear the scuffle as a man with a knife, grabbed a jogger and demanded his wallet.
There was no wallet...who carries a wallet while jogging?! Not me...not this man...So the robber-gets mad...and stabs his victim--in the neck no less

I felt awful...that it happened...next to my house...that a criminal had been lurking in the bushes...waiting for a victim...preying on an innocent man...And I felt horrible-that he lay there for 2 hours...scared and in pain...and nearly bleeding to death...

I wish I had heard him...had walked outside to empty the trash or to take a stroll or to simply get some air...maybe I would have heard his cries for help. My neighbor came home and heard him begging "help me--help me"...She called 911 ...and probably saved his life.

The poor man is in guarded condition...and the neighborhood is now on guard...wondering how we could have been violated by the violence of one man's angry aggression.
So we will be careful, cautiously on guard...keeping close tabs on our children...our neighbors and the people who wander our neighborhood...

Tonight...and every night...be safe...and give thanks for the loving protection of a God-who is always watching...and waiting--to send an angel -like my neighbor -to help us-when no one else can...And remember-fear nothing---God sees everything-even the things we can't see. So call him--he's there for you--he's your lifeline--right when you need him the most--right when your life depends on it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON