BIRTHDAY BEN!

Big Ben's the birthday boy! Fifteen and counting.


The tried and true tumultuous teen years are under way...Every parent knows this rite of passage. Drivers Ed for the kids...sleepless nights for the parents. Ben's a great kid...middle child, mild mannered-easy going...studious and kind...But don't make him mad--the scorpio is sensitive and sure to let you know.

For some reason-I'm not shuddering this time around. After tangling with his two older brothers I have no illusions...I know what to expect--but Ben--is different...handles his decisions with reflective confidence...and stubborn, matter of fact grounding. Some kids seem to maneuver their minds in a straightforward motion--instead of taking giant steps backward.

Ben reminds me of me. Uh Oh! Growing up smack dab in the middle means more time is spent on others, than yourself...making self serving ideals less important...until you've had enough and rebel...like I did-eventually.

But gentle Ben is strong and decisive, quiet yet opinonated, smart and demure...and one hell of a football player...although next year he's decided--to call it quits. He knows what he wants, and does what he feels and no one, not anyone--not even dear old mom-can change his mind.

I fought like crazy, prayed like mad and believed in miracles...Bed ridden and sure to lose the new life growing inside my womb...I just refused to give up on him...and what a gift I received in return!

I love this kid...and I'm so proud to call him son...15 and counting--my blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON