My Vision

I can still see the vision clearly...vividly..poignantly. I don't know why I saw him. Why he came to me-or why it did not immediately rock my world.

I can still feel the gnawing urge to turn around...As I lay there, on my stomach-it prodded me...beckoned me, "Turn around." There were no words, no sound....but I clearly felt a force, an energy that gently, yet relentlessly pursued me...Lifting my weary head in the dark night, I turned around. There--above my bedroom closet, the most beautiful vision of Christ. Translucent, ethereal. A soft, yet vibrant glow surrounding the kindest face I have ever seen-staring back at me-looking through me -deep into my soul.

For years I kept silent about my visitor. A young teen doesn't quite know what to think when heaven comes a calling. Besides-who would believe me...and what would it really matter? I didn't understand it myself. In fact, I didn't think about it very much at all...not until that plane ride to Medjugorje. I had a feeling sitting there...that the face and I would meet again...and we did...in the tiny mountain village where the Blessed Mother had been coming ...bringing a message of peace for the world...a message of Recovery.

I left Medjugorje with a major spiritual conversion...and I thought...that was it...that was why Christ came to me so many moons ago...he left his calling card...until we would meet again....
and we did....and I changed...and that was that. But little did I know back then--that God's gifts are never that simple.

Today-22 years later...having shouldered cross after cross after cross...I have come to understand-the divine depth of that vision...and the powerful message...to keep my focus on Jesus and his example...to surrender to his will...by living one day at a time...while handing over my crosses...to a power greater than myself...before the weight of the world crushes me....And to let that loving embrace that I remember so vividly-carry me over and beyond the hurdles of life...to that place of serenity and peace and unconditional Love.

I can still see the vision clearly...poignantly...But now I can also see it and feel it--with my heart.

Comments

Gi said…
Hi,

I have a blog award for you, please stop by my blog to pick it up

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON