KIDS, LAUGHTER, WORK AND PRAY!

It's so nice hearing the laughter. My two youngest sons are taking a jacuzzi bubble bath in my rarely used tub...and their joy is infectious. Of course-at first the guys thought that at the ripe old ages of 11 and 12 they were much too old to enjoy the bubbles together. But as I explained, the tub is really just an indoor jacuzzi-so throw caution to the wind!

Their brother Ben is bagging groceries at the local supermarket...His first real job since turning sixteen. As a teen I was one of the first female baggers at the commissary on Macdill Air Force base in Tampa Florida. In those days we worked for tips, filling the bags and pushing the grocery carts, two at a time, outside before loading up the car.

Mac is delivering chicken wings for a local restaurant. The other day he delivered himself head first into the pavement. As I doctored up his bleeding knees I delivered another lecture on the merits of wearing a helmet.

Every one's growing up and growing into themselves, just as it should be...I know Ben is still struggling, but I believe he will overcome-eventually. Sometimes progress, like growing pains, moves so much more slowly than we'd like...But sometimes it just takes that long to undo the missteps.

Last week Medjugorje visionary Ivan Draijcevic prayed over Ben...and since he's the one who prayed over my oldest son before he left for Our Lady of Hope, I'm feeling extremely grateful.

By the way, the monthly message is pretty poignant-

"Dear Children! God gave you the grace to live and to defend all the good that is in you and around you, and to inspire others to be better and holier; but Satan, too, does not sleep and through modernism diverts you and leads you to his way. Therefore, little children, in the love for my Immaculate Heart, love God above everything and live his commandments. In this way, your life will have meaning and peace will rule on earth. Thank you for having responded to my call!"

May 25, 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON