MY FIRSTBORN

My oldest son Johnny turned 25 this month. It's amazing thinking about it. What a blessing!

Since he's living in the community of "Our Lady of Hope" in St Augustine Florida, we were unable to speak to him to wish him a Happy Birthday. However, his brothers and I were permitted to send him letters to let him know just how much we Love him. I know that probably sounds like an odd way to communicate in this technological age, but actually it's not.

This is Johnny's time, not ours. Time to heal, time to rebuild himself on solid ground and time to discover the path which God had laid out for him, long before his birth.

As his mom it is also my time...to surrender and to trust. Time to surrender him totally to God's Loving embrace and time to trust that he is exactly where he needs to be.

Johnny could have been anywhere on his birthday and yet, he chose to stay in this community where he has lived for one full year. He chose to continue living among the other young men, who like him, are being resurrected and remolded in the image of God. One year ago he chose to enter on the wings of faith and now he is soaring on the wings of grace.

As a gift to my son, I attended a generational healing Mass on his birthday. I prayed for his complete healing and for the healing of all his brothers in community. I also gave thanks for the courage of his convictions and for the wisdom of one so young.

Johnny has made a conscious decision to join his will securely to the will of God. His yes has been an act of prayerful humility and childlike faith. It has also been an extraordinary example of discipline and devotion.

On the day of his birth I would not have guessed that this would be his path or that his life's journey would lead him to this Holy place...But I am grateful he is in community and I am excited about the infinite possibilities for his future, an anointed future that I am convinced-has been sealed by a kiss from Heaven.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON