CARS!

My oh my, that was a humbling experience!
I drove my son's car home from the repair shop after a brake job.
I can't possibly adequately describe the interior, or the groaning sounds or the exterior paint job.

I stopped at the grocery to pick something up-and I almost parked far, far from the front door. Then I thought, "That's nuts...and much too vain." I laughed as I got out and walked inside.

You can tell a lot about a person by the car they drive and how its maintained. Back in the day of babies and carpools, work and constant running from one obligation to the next, my vehicle left a lot to be desired.

These days, older and wiser, I'm a much better steward. When my van flooded during the torential December rains, I used the insurance money to buy a much smaller, fuel efficient, used car. In fact, it's conveniently small enough for me to wash all by myself-so I do. The kids fit nicely and Ben is secretly hoping one day it will be his because, "It's fun, like driving a golf cart."

I've had them all, fancy and flirtatious, fuel efficient and foolishly large...But in the final analysis, they're transportation...And for me, at this stage of my life, smaller is better, paid for is the best, while reliable safety seals the deal.

I'd Love to see my son in a better car and maybe someday soon that will be possible. For now, though the brakes work and the car still runs...And in my book of wisdom, that's all anyone really needs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON