EUCHARISTIC MINISTER, MY SON BEN

My son Benjamin today became a Eucharistic minister. He's just 17. I find that extraordinary.

As I watched the priest confer the blessing upon Ben and a handful of Jesuit High School students, I marveled at the mysterious movement of our merciful God-in my middle son's life.

A year ago Ben was thinking about ending his life by jumping off a second floor balcony at school...And now today-he was at school, being inducted into a privileged group of ministers who will be giving life, by distributing the true bread of life, the Holy Eucharist.

I thought about Ben's difficult journey, from anorexia to recovery, but also how his journey of suffering has led him straight to the source of true lfe, Jesus Christ.

God gave Ben life, then renewed his broken life. Now Ben will be passing on God's saving love, by distributing the body and blood of Christ crucified, to countless Catholics who will be participating in the gift of eternal life, Christ's redemptive death.

It was a powerful, poignant image and one of those Miracle Moments that I will never forget!

"I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me..." Galatians 2:20crucified.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER