COMUNITA CENACOLO: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY!

My oldest son Johnny, turns 26 today and I am so grateful for the gift of his precious life.

I am also captivated by how God is cultivating my child's renewal and redirecting his focus. Johnny has been a member of Comunita Cenacolo for two years, entering "Our Lady of Hope" in St. Augustine, Florida in May 2009 and transferring to Borgoro Italy nearly a year ago. I can't believe how the time has flown!

I would like to share with you part of a letter he sent us this week...because I feel his unique life is becoming a powerful example for all of us.

"I wrote a letter to Mother Elvira expressing my desire to go/open the mission in Liberia. I've arrived at a certain point in my spiritual journey where I feel/hear/sense God calling me to my path. For me, it is 100% clear in my heart that the next step in my formation involves being at ground zero with the poor. Funny thing to me is, I really feel I stood for all this before with the band and all the rhetoric I was spouting. However drugs and anger made it superficial, and I never really did anything but complain. Now I feel that I can make it real. I don't think I'm ever going to have a "normal" life. Sometimes it makes me sad, but I know the truth for me is something more radical. Whatever talents I possess, I want to use them to give the less fortunate a step up."

I am deeply touched by Johnny's decision to give his life to God, rather than living his life for himself. He has finally embraced the gift that is available for each and every one of us. To hear God's voice and to know without a doubt, that God is speaking.

In this cloistered community where there is minimal noise and distractions from the outside world, Johnny has found his way out of the dark, deceptive lure of hedonistic consumerism. He has entered into the lovely light of absolute truth, finally understanding who he really is and why the good Lord put him on this earth.

What amazing integrity and faith...What an amazing gift to all of us!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have just discovered your website and I am overcome with so much joy for you and your son and it gives me much hope for my brother who is fairly new to Cenacolo. Thank you for sharing this beautiful message.

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER