BLESSINGS TO MY SISTER!

Many moons ago when I was too young and much too emotionally immature, my older sister,  shared a secret she had been keeping from our family for far too long. She was gay.

I remember reading the surprise letter she wrote me and not knowing what to think or say and so I did the worst thing possible-I said nothing. I simply didn't know how to respond or how to feel about the news. I didn't Love my sister any less, I just felt as though this was one more McCall family secret that had been buried.

Unfortunately though, I failed to show my sister the unconditional Love of Jesus Christ and I did not reassure her that I would always be there for her-front and center-no matter what. That silence created a great divide between Ela and me-even further than the many miles that separated her home in California from mine in New Orleans.

Through the mercy of God's everlasting grace...Time and trouble and tons of tears have brought us closer than I could ever have hoped for. We have an unbreakable bond that has been tested by many blazing infernos and an understanding and acceptance of one another that most sisters never seem to reach.

Today is her birthday and I am so grateful for her life...And for my mother who gave her life, under some very trying circumstances. God's mysterious maneauverings never cease to amaze me!

Over the years I've watched Ela evolve from the brilliant National Merit Scholar who shared a bedroom with me as a child, into a deeply introspective individual who has Loved me, my sons and her lifelong partner with a depth that few people are capeable of. She never, ever gives up-never!

She and I have always been as different as night and day...In our looks and especially in our way of thinking...But that's served us well...Stretching our minds and massaging our hearts...While lifting us into a new dimension...A higher level of eternal Love that is guiding us to that heavenly haven where God has always destined us to be!

Happy birthday and many blessings my dear sister-You really deserve it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER