FEAST OF THE EXALTATION OF THE CROSS

At my home-we have Crosses everywhere. In all shapes and sizes, from all walks of life. Large antique iron Crosses salvaged from the ruins of old European churches, Medjugorje Crosses, homemade Crosses, garden Crosses...You name it, we have it.

I began collecting them long before it became vogue. Something about the cross, the crucifix-spoke to me...Something touched my heart and stirred my soul...So I began collecting them and putting them on display around my home-as symbols of my faith in Christ and my gratitude for his sacrifice.

Tuesday is the Feast of the Exaltation of the Cross-or the triumph of the Cross...The most potent and universal symbol of the Christian faith. It is a day to remember our victory over death...through the sacrifice of the God who became man, then willingly suffered and died a very painful death-for the forgiveness of our sins.

The Cross poignantly symbolizes the passion, crucifixion and resurrection. Our personal gift of redemption. Our hope for the world. Christ's obedience and sacrifice gives us strength and purpose. By uniting our souls and bodies-with his sacrifice-we make sense out of our own crosses and we find the strength to survive the inevitable suffering in this life...because of the promise of peace in the next.

The triumph of the Cross-our salvation and our gift of eternal life. So much pain-yet such sweet victory.

"He who does not take up his Cross and follow me is not worthy of me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake shall find it" Mt 10:38,39

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER