HEARING THE CALL

Many are called but few are chosen.

I know that to be true.
How many times have I heard the call but turned my back? How many times have I made the excuse and closed my heart? How many times have I refused to go the extra mile, because it required sacrifice?

Every single time I heard the call yet ignored it-I lost out. Every time I took the plunge I received the most awesome gifts. I've shut myself out of some amazing graces by waffling and worrying about making the right decision. So now-I open my heart, follow the Holy Spirit and march forward so that I don't detour from God's plan for my life.

With our busy lives it's so easy to talk ourselves out of the will of God because we're wrapped up in our human will. That attitude almost killed me. Sometimes it's just plain hard to tell which will is driving us...The one that is driving us into the ground or the one that is lifting us up to higher ground.

It takes a disciplined prayer life-that one on one intimate time with God to clearly hear his word and understand his will. It takes a determined resolve to leave the noise and sit in the silence and soak up his spirit.

It is often out of character, but it is actually the very thing that builds character-by lifting the burdens of this life in exchange for the gifts of the next.

All it takes is a little practice, a whole lot of prayer in exchange for the peace that comes from hearing the call and then choosing to listen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON