SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT!

It is pure joy to watch a child revel in the wonders of God.
My 12 year old son Jacob came with me to a healing Mass Friday evening...much to my surprise. He almost backed out, but in the car he admitted, "I got to thinking-what am I going to do-stay home and play video games? I can do that anytime." I laughed and congratulated him for being so present.

Father Joe Benson delivered a beautiful homily, reminding everyone that every Mass is a healing Mass. Afterward he gave us time to discern exactly what we wanted God to heal within us...and then everyone lined up at the altar for personal prayers and the laying on of hands. One by one people fell to the ground, slain in the spirit, resting in God's heavenly light.

Jacob panicked. "What's happening-this is making me very nervous?!" I reassured him all was well and explained that the Holy Spirit had descended upon these people and they were simply resting in the spirit."

Jacob stood next to me and as the priest held his hands and began praying, I closed my eyes and also prayed for my son...Within seconds, I heard a thump and there was Jacob, down for the count. It was amazing! Fr. Benson moved in front of me, took my hands and as he prayed...I could feel the warm energy flowing into me. Then he said, "It may be hard for you to adjust to this feeling, but you have been healed." Wham-with those words I collapsed.

Resting in the spirit is peaceful, personal and probably one of the most powerful, yet rarely accepted spiritual gifts. It can demonstrate divine power, through the faith of those who are open to such power-preparing them possibly to receive and exercise a spiritual gift or healing.

As we rode home, Jacob exclaimed over and over, "That was so amazing-I'm so glad I came!" He said he just wanted to lay there-because he felt so peaceful. All the way home he marveled at the experience, and he shared how grateful he was, that he had been inspired, to choose God-over video games! "Me too," I exclaimed! More grateful than you will ever know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER