THINGS A MAN HAS TO DO!

"There are certain things a man has to do, before he gets stuck with a wife." Sage words of wisdom, confidently proclaimed by my son's friend, Tanner. At 12, the boys appear to have it all figured out.

"What are those things?" I gasped...as I wrinkled my forehead in wonder...and disbelief. I couldn't believe a child had already thought of what he would accomplish long before he met the girl of his dreams and wandered down that aisle of heavenly bliss into matrimonial exile.

But here he was zealously zoned in on the four little line items that are sure to make any man happy...before he gets married.

In order-
A motorcycle-but a good one...
A boat-a fast one....
A car--a fancy one...
A house--a big one...

Now-the real question is-how does a kid come up with these ideas? And who has excelled at convincing him that this list is his rite of passage-as a single man?...Obviously an adult...an adult male...and to be more specific...a male babysitter's brother.

Tanner informed me that his man friend, told him that once you tie the knot, all your money is tied up...so it's now or never...to be a man-who has lived life to its fullest...a man who has had a motorcycle, a boat, a car, a house and a good job..before he gets "stuck" with a wife.

With all those toys and temptations, I wondered when he'll have time to find a wife, or why he'll even need one? He looked at me baffled-and after a short pause he simply smiled and replied honestly, "I don't know."

I wonder what the sitter would say?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER