BROTHERLY LOVE!


My kids never cease to amaze me.

My 20 year old Mackie took his 15 year old brother, Ben, to lunch this week. They rode bikes to their favorite hamburger joint, Bud's Broiler...and talked about life...and luck and our evolving family.

Mackie shared much of their conversation and I was touched with their honest, openness and frank follow-up to all the soap opera scenarios they've seen.

Then, later Ben and his 10 year old brother Zack walked to the store to buy their dad's fathers day card...I gathered from Zack that his older brother gave him strong words of wisdom about the merits of bagels, peanut butter and muscles...and more important--of being a "man." I.E.-not falling asleep in your mom's bedroom...I was stunned the first time Zack announced..."I have to stop being a mama's boy!"

It may not seem like much to others...but to me, the brotherly camaraderie means the top males in my life are learning to put their Love in action...Spending time with one another and sharing their innermost thoughts...putting aside the testosterone for those rare moments of male bonding.

They're great kids-and I am blessed...and I think they're discovering slowly but surely the true gift of Brotherly Love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER