MOTHER KNOWS BEST!

At dinner last night, I suggested to my 20 year old son Mackie that he might want to take a road trip with his younger brothers and his grandfather. "It's a long drive," he said..."Can I fly?" Of course I said that's not the point, while describing the joy of quality time in the car with an aging grandfather and his younger siblings...I also threw in ...."You never know how much time the two of you have left on this earth."
10 year old Zachary muttered..."She always says that."

Mac snapped, "Aren't we going to see each other in heaven...isn't that what you tell us...we'll see everyone-your parents, your sister-you someday?" Zachary jumps in, "Yeah-but Pappy will be in the old folks section." To which I replied, "No we'll all be about the same age...in our thirties." To which Jacob and Ben argued-"How do you know?"

The meal lasted ten minutes---just in time for baseball...but long before we could settle the after life issues or the fate of the road trip. Our conversations are often crazy but colorful.

But we're talking...and thinking and I reminded Zachary today-we may not always agree-but it's important to keep one thing clear, "I'm your mother and my role is to teach you how to make healthy decisions...I'm not here to be your friend--even though I like and Love you very much."

No comment from Zack...I guess he heard me loud and clear. Never a dull moment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER