PROM NIGHT, BEN'S NIGHT!

I just kissed my 18 year old son goodbye, and whispered a prayer under my breath. It's prom night-need I say more!

It's also his historic last day of High School! Hard to believe? A little bit, but quite honestly he's been such a "man" for so long, an old soul, since the day he was born, that it's hard for me to consider him a teenager.

Benjamin is the quintessential middle child, easy going, quietly reserved, yet relentlessly vigilant about everything he sets out to accomplish. His 4.4 grade average is proof that academics come easy and so does his desire to excel. In fact, he's exempt from all his exams!

Yes, that's pretty impressive, but tonight it's all about the fun and the food and the frivolous joy of being young, and free and oh yes-I almost forgot...It's also about the date! I honestly don't know her personally, but if I know Ben, she must be pretty special, especially since she caught my son's discerning eye.

Ben has come a longgg way and from where I sit, he is going to go veryyyyy-far!
As his mom, it is so lovely watching this young man step into the future of unlimited possibilities...And it's consoling to see that all the parental controls, consequences and commitment is absolutely paying off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER