JOHNNY'S GIFT OF LIFE!

Twenty seven years ago my world opened up to amazing new possibilities! The birth of my firstborn son-the leader of a pack of five-entered the world kicking and screaming and letting me know that life would never be the same!

In fact, my life would become better than I ever imagined! You see, as a young professional...A self absorbed television news person, I never thought about having a child. I was centered on my career and my future-which I believed would lead me to the network news in the Big Apple!
Never once did I dream that the best production of my life, would be the first gift of life-that God had deemed me worthy of receiving-on that wonderful evening in May.

Ironically, my young husband and I hadn't been going to church when we conceived our first son. Yet, I distinctly remember the day he entered my womb. During a few stolen moments with my spouse, new life filtered in and I heard in my head, "You are now pregnant!" I tried to ignore the heads up from God-but within a matter of weeks there was no dodging the facts...New life was definitely in transit...A gift that would keep on giving through eternity!

Johnny probably doesn't really know it, but his surprise entrance melted my heart, and led to the desire to mother even more little bundles of joy-and I did.

And so on his blessed birthday-I am thanking Johnny-who is now living in Comunita Cenacolo in Italy-for giving me the gift of motherhood, which inspired within me, the desire to be open to more children and to the sacred understanding that all life is absolutely a gift from God-from the moment of our conception until our natural death!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER