HEAVENLY HEALING!


“Claim it!” Hedy exclaimed happily! God is good!

“I am claiming it and he is always good!” I responded joyfully!

Following two weeks of swelling and pain in my right leg and especially the knee, I gratefully accepted the glowing report from an orthopedic surgeon. “You have youthful knees. No arthritis, no bone rubbing bone-everything looks fine,” he said looking a bit perplexed. “Thank you God!” I blurted out

As I stared at my x-rays, I was amazed at how normal my bones looked considering the pain I had been in for nearly two weeks. “I thought my dad’s arthritic knees and joint pain had been passed on to me,” I explained to the doctor, “because I remember him wincing about the pain and dreading the steroid shots.”

“Nope, both your knees look fine. You have a slight shift in your right knee cap that you have always had so maybe you bumped it and that caused the swelling and fluid that led to the bakers cyst,” he continued. He really had no other explanation for the painful and pulsating swelling that had derailed my daily walks in the park for several days. This was music to my ears! “A heating pad should take care of the baker’s cyst,” he continued.

I smiled as I left his office . “You will be healed!” I could still hear those beautiful words from Queen Esther’s court of 17 sista’s who laid hands on my knee all the while prophesying healing and great and wondrous gifts from the almighty God! At first I thought to myself, “I wonder if I will really be healed”…and just that quickly I claimed it. “Yes, I will be healed!”

As we gathered together at a Florida beach side retreat, praying and singing, I absorbed the gifts of the Holy Spirit which flew around the room descending and ascending to the chorus of rapturous emotion that was as contagious as it was soulfully healing.

I understood in my heart that the unconditional love of these women, the power of their anointed prayers, their steadfast belief that God can and does move mountains in cooperation with my yes, could without a doubt produce a healing! These ladies, who had been tested by fire, burned in the furnace of life and saved by the blood of the lamb, were dancing for joy in thanksgiving for God’s glorious promises! It was an amazing vision!

Today, as I sat in morning Mass thanking God for Queen Esther's Court and for all my many blessings…I smiled again as the lector began to read:

Hebrews 4:12-16

The word of God is living and effective,
sharper than any two-edged sword,
penetrating even between soul and spirit,
joints and marrow,
and able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart.
No creature is concealed from him,
but everything is naked and exposed to the eyes of him
to whom we must render an account.
Since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens,
Jesus, the Son of God,
let us hold fast to our confession.
For we do not have a high priest
who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses,
but one who has similarly been tested in every way,
yet without sin.
So let us confidently approach the throne of grace
to receive mercy and to find grace for timely help.


SO CLAIM IT! GOD IS ALWAYS GOOD!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER