AMAZING RESURRECTION!

I had the most amazing experience last night. I witnessed what appeared to be the resurrection of a dying woman.

I felt called all day to attend an evening women's 12 step meeting which I hadn't been to in a while. I really felt the urge to go, so after dinner I jumped in the car and flew up town.

A few minutes after the meeting started, a girl walked in who looked and felt vaguely familiar. Thin and wiry and dressed in jeans and a modern t shirt, she looked like someone I had known...but I wasn't sure.

I just kept glancing at her and then she spoke and shared some very eloquent words of recovery wisdom. As I listened I noticed her front teeth were decayed like the teeth of people I had seen who had been hooked on crack cocaine.

It dawned on me, this girl had an uncanny resemblance to a drug addict I had helped about two years ago. A girl I had blogged about.

I had been driving downtown on a Sunday morning when this young, emaciated woman fell to the ground in an empty lot. I thought she had been beaten up and so I offered her a ride. As we drove along I learned she was a crack addict, evidenced by her teeth, who was now prostituting herself for drugs. She could hardly stay focused but she admitted that her pimp had been beating her. When I tried to get her to go to the battered women's shelter, she fled.

I'm not positive this girl at the meeting is the same girl I helped, but there is an uncanny resemblance...And something deep within tells me that these two women are one and the same. I sure hope so.

That would mean that the girl I prayed for is alive and doing well. It would mean that somehow she beat the incredible odds...Death by a drug overdose or at the hands of her pimp.

I am so grateful that I responded to the call to attend the meeting and even more grateful that this young woman showed up. She gives testimony to the power of the 12step recovery program and she is living, breathing evidence that God is listening and healing the most broken human beings.

She may not know it, but to me, her life is truly an anointed gift from an amazing God who Loves her more than she will ever fully comprehend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER