PRAY, PRAY, PRAY

Sometimes I think too much...So that's when I know I have to start praying harder.

Immersing myself in the spiritual tools that work for me is the best solution to the traveling mind. Believe me, my mind can go to far away places and different time zones up and over reality into foolish fantasy faster than yes-how corny-a speeding bullet.

I was thinking today about all the things that have gone wrong for my son Mac. All the unsettling maneauverings by someone. Then the thought occurred to me-instead of dwelling on the obvious-I need to pray...Conscientous, consistant prayer...At morning Mass, with my prayer group, before the Blessed Sacrament and moment to moment.

When I communicate with God, opening my heart and my soul to the power of the Holy Spirit, I get answers...and I intuitively know what God expects of me...My whole attitude changes for the better...I become hopeful and happier and my external and internal vision becomes clearer. Inspired wisdom calms my mind and drives away the anxiety and unrest that seek to steal my peace.

It's easy to get caught up in the myriad of mental inquisitions that seduce our very sanity...It's so much more satisfying surrendering to the sweet, soulful grace of the living God...who alone can move mountains.

So here goes...

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time, Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace; Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world As it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that you will make all things right if I surrender to your will; So that I may be reasonably happy in this life And supremely happy with You forever in the next. Amen."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very insightful, well-articulated description of the effects of prayer!

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER