BLESSED BY WOMEN!

As I walked around the park early yesterday morning the bright and beautiful sun radiated through the clouds, beckoning me to look skyward...I watched in wonder as the pulsating hues of rose and blue and gold waves...spread out before my eyes...while the center disc merrily rotated in a circular dance. It was miraculously beautiful!

Eventually I'd look away-smiling to myself at the wonder of God's generous gift...and then suddenly there it was again, pulsating right in front of me...As if urging me to watch again and again...And so I did and it was then that I knew this promised to be a special day...And it was-Thank you Lord!

Later that afternoon unexpected kindness came a calling...Cradling my family in the loving warmth of my circle of prayer warriors. They delivered a generous surprise gift, wrapped in the bountiful Love which always flows from the heavens into their hearts and then straight into our home. They knew the boys and I had experienced a rough several days, worrying about a medical dilemma with my second son Mac..So they did what I've watched them do so many times before...They banded together and sent their faith inspired support to lessen the load by lifting the spirit.

I don't think they'll ever fully understand the impact of their actions...How could they-when giving to others comes so naturally to these girls that it almost seems too easy. However, I know the depth and the breath of their love-for their ladies who have been their friends and sometimes their foes-their prayer partners and often their crying shoulders...They are loyal to the core-and the kind of wonderful women whose simple acts of charity, become powerful catalysts for change.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's something about women...like Mary and Martha and Terri and Karen...Rosemary and Donna and all the other formidable females who find the time in their busy lives to Love the ones they know and live the messages they sow.

I think this quote sums these girls up the best, "There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity."
-Washington Irving

Comments

Anonymous said…
Greetings from rain soaked Southern California.

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to :-)

May God bless you and your family in 2011 ~Ron

And always remember: Smiles don't have to be saved for a rainy day. It's good to waste them :-)

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER