THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS!

I have so much to be thankful for on this special day. It would take me all the way through tomorrow to write down how fully I appreciate the gifts in my life.

We've been in the kitchen all morning, cooking like the expert chefs you see on TV.
I don't take credit for any of the fancy footwork, because I'm so used to throwing things together in ten minutes, I forgot the deeply satisfying feeling of chopping, cutting and mixing natural ingredients. My God it smells amazing!

Ben of course is designing this delectable feast. He knows his stuff and the stuffing we put together promises to be the best yet. Homemade cornbread and crawfish tails mixed into a seasoned array of oil and butter. We made our famous "pink stuff" which my mom used to whip up thanks to my aunt who gave her the recipe many moons ago. Cranberries, pineapple, pecans, cool whip, marshmallows and sugar-Wow!

But it's the turkey that is so amazing. Ben rubbed it down with his personal mixture of herbs and oil and laid down a bed of vegetables and spices before setting the Turkey on top. It's already beautifully brown! His brothers are already chomping at the bit-to taste and devour!

As I think about it, this is what Thanksgiving is all about...Family, food and all the trimmings wrapped around a whole lot of Love, delivered on a platter of blessings that I will be feasting upon for a very long time!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON