A DOSE OF HOPE!

Our eyes met as she rolled her husband into the basketball game...I smiled, mouthing the words, "He looks great."

Nearly a year ago a tragic ski accident, paralyzed her husband from the shoulders down...But I could see, several months later, after hours of excruciating physical therapy, that he had some hand movement.

Suddenly the thought occurred to me to tell her about the healing services I've been attending...Not because her husband would be healed, but because she might benefit from the healing power of the presence of God at this very special service...That maybe, like me, she may need an extra nudge, a pat on the back, a few words of encouragement from the master engineer. As she listened to me babble on, she breathed a sigh of understanding saying, "I really do need that."

Tonight, two days later, as I sat watched my son play basketball, she walked toward me smiling with her hand outstretched. "Thank you for what you told me the other day...It really helped me. I've been thinking about you all night and I want you to know that I'm praying for you too." She may not know it, but she helped me, by confirming what I know to be true...Helping others is what this whole human experience is all about. Giving away the good that we learn, letting someone else see that we've been vulnerable and this is how we coped...Letting others know, that no matter how dark our days may seem-there is the light and the Love that is ready to lead us through to the peace that comes in any and every situation...as long as God is guiding our lives.

That's as simple and as powerful as it gets...and I'm just grateful that I've traveled through so many dark hours, up and over the obstacles that threatened to topple me, and made it to this place of light that I can now share with others-who like me, just need a little dose of hope to make it through another day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER

CONFESSIONS OF FATHER JOE BENSON