HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY MACKIE!

Today my second son turns 21.
That means he's now legal, in all aspects of the law.
Mackie has been excited for days, sending reminders to my cell phone about this pivotal point in his personal life.

His grandmother reminded me of the momentous day Mackie entered this world. I called her and announced I thought it was time and that I'd pick her up before heading to the hospital. After she hung up-she thought, how nutty we both were. She called back and said, "You're having the baby, I'll pick you up." As we laughed about this, I told her the insanity was already setting in. She was the one who suggested I give him my maiden name, McCall...and I'm so glad I did. Since my brother never married, he will be the one to carry on our family name.

Mackie is truly a gift of life. I miscarried a child before him in the hills of Medjugorje while working on my first TV show there. It took me nearly a year to conceive again, leading me to resign myself to being a one son mom. Of course, five sons later, God had other plans.

He's always been the quiet, silent son. Subtly setting his sights on his hearts desires, while studying business which is really his calling. I enjoy hearing him brainstorm about the real estate deals and the businesses he hopes to create someday.

Mackie has made it through some growing pains, moving past the mistakes by learning some very poignant lessons in the school of hard knocks. I'm proud of his willingness to listen, to learn and to follow the suggestions that seem ridiculous. But mostly I appreciate how he's been there for his brothers...bouncing the basketball outside, jogging with them though the park and sitting down for family meals. Since his older brother is away, Mac's had some pretty big shoes to fill.

I can't imagine our lives without Mac and I am so grateful to see his handsome face daily because with every conversation we share, I receive a glimpse of the
gifted guy God is molding and shaping into one fine specimen of a human being-who we Love and admire more than he may ever know!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACK!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUBLIME AUDACITY!

OUR LADY OF JOY, HANCEVILLE ALABAMA

HRUSHIV UKRAINE: APPARITIONS OF THE BLESSED MOTHER